Thursday, March 3, 2011

Midterm Portfolio

The Secret of Feeling full spread is one that I printed out and I think it is one of my favorites. I am partial to the self shot photograph and all of the white and light colors. Its hard to think of what I would go back and change if I could just because it has already had so many changes. I just really enjoy this one. One negative thing I could find is that I cant really picture it being in a real magazine. Not really sure what it is about it but over all, I think the kid done good on this one.

How Safe? How safe huh? Not safe at all is the answer! I nearly lost my marbles over this one! This is ugh I think my 4th or 5th version of this spread. I must admit that it is the most successful version even though it was the least though out. I think that the over all spread has a nice balance and appealing facade, but I think that something more abrupt and alarming would have been more appropriate for this article. Also, I feel a little bad for my unoriginality on this one. Pretty much just jocked this from what I saw was getting approved in the class. Although I don't have a ton invested in this one, I must put aside my pride (like I must do every other day in Vis Vom) and do something that "just worked". I am happy with my choice to print this one off as well, because the colors turned out beautifully (A really feat for the printers in the lab) Thank you Ashley Buhmann!

This Red Barn poster is not the most thrilling thing in the world, but I think it does a pretty good job at serving its purpose. I went in and added more money to the pocket (Rusty's request) and I am glad that I went with the had written tag, rather than the typed one. Ahhh, our vis com II world before color was a sad, sad, little world. Bring on the pantone swatches baby!


Herp. Yuck. Still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Anyway, I think that the color and photograph in the spread are really successful. I will be the first to admit, I didnt really blow anything off the concept map with this one but alas, it has the little red "ok" in the corner, and Ill take 'er! I Think one of my favorite things about this poster (other than the" ballin" eye ball ) is the way that the tan and yellow box in the bottom right corner mildly mimics the National Geographic Logo (I think it helps the poster look a little more legit). I had thought about adding some melting ice to the upper right corner but after experimenting with it, I saw no point in defacing the beautiful photo. (Bee tee dubs, the word HERP is NOT allowed in the vis vom lab from this point on!)

Dey Ate WHA with their hands?!

They Did WHAT fo fun?!

They Wore WHA on their heads?!

Native American Heritage Month Poster Series. For starters, I know these aren't flawless, but, Rust said he, "would buy that for a dollar" (what ever the hell that means, right?) hehe anyway, I took upon myself that that meant, "Yes, Shelby, all three of those are approved" I got a late start on these but I feel like it was worth it to develop the concept. This poster got pretty personal by the end. By personal, I mean I took over 100 photos of my awkward self lookin' like a fool, as well as hand writing the text and hand crinkling the paper in the text and background. I feel good about the effort I put into this one, worth every second (every second over budget as well) hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment