Sunday, April 3, 2011

Gone Fishin'

Well, today was an exceptional day. Rather than vis com being the reason I has to sit in a cold, stale room all day, I got to use it as an excuse to brake in my new (pink) fishing pole! My dad is a fishing enthusiast and has passed his love for fishing on to me. Ok, so you heard me say, "My dad is a fishing enthusiast," right? As soon as I told him that I was doing an article design for Repala, every Bass Pro and Cabala's magazine he has obtained over the past 20 years was spread out on the kitchen table. This was soon followed by him busting out a tackle box that I didn't even know he had. You see, there is the every day crappie tackle box that I have become quite familiar with, but this, this tackle box was three times the size and about three times as old. So, once it came out, he literally took out every single lure and told me a story about each one (several weren't even Rapalas haha). So that was a very cute, but lengthy process, but after I took individual photos of some of them, it was time to hit the lake (for a photo shoot only, we were very aware that we wouldn't be catching anything.) Dad was a really good sport when I was taking his picture and the weather turned out to be so so so beautiful! Today I took well over 1,000 photos and hath since combed over them and narrowed it down to about 350. As I start to put the fishing layout together, I realize that I wont even be able to use most of them because it is a pretty text heavy lay out, so I just wanted to post a few of my favorites and a sneak peak into what might turn up in the spread! Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment